I am Rebekah Wild.
Wholehearted witness and reflective reporter.
Formal Education & Training
- 2019 Master of Science in Herbal Medicine, American College of Healthcare Sciences
- 2019 Certified Crystal Healing Practitioner, The Academy of Ancient Magik
- 2018 Master of Arts in Transpersonal Psychology, Atlantic University
- 2018 Laughter Yoga Teacher Certification, Integral Yoga Institute
- 2018 200-HR Yoga Instructor, Hawaii Yoga Institute
- 2014 Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, Columbia College
- Corporate Trainer and Health Coach
- Mindfulness & Meditation Instructor
- Chemical Dependency Counselor
- Sexual Assault Prevention Representative & Victim Advocate
My Journey with Holistic Health
I joined the military right after high school. I was stationed at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam in Hawaii. I quickly made rank and excelled at my job. I made good money, which allowed me to travel and buy whatever I wanted. To my shock and dismay, I was miserable despite achieving what society had told would make me happy. This initially caused me to eat and drink excessively, causing me to gain weight and be even more unhappy.
At the end of my enlistment, I traveled the world for a year and then moved to Seattle. I expected world travel and an exciting new city to make me feel happy and fulfilled. But I was unable to be in the moment and enjoy where I was. I was continually thinking about the future and how the next thing would be what would make me happy.
I didn’t understand at the time that I was searching outside myself for happiness, and that happiness is a conscious choice from within.
A woman I worked with (who is now my best friend) recommended that I read Mutant Message Down Under by Marlo Morgan. This book discussed themes and topics I had never heard of but resonated with my soul. This book sparked a quest for knowledge to understand humanity and our purpose on this planet. In the following years, I read hundreds of spiritual and self-help books, attended retreats and workshops, listened to countless podcasts, and eventually got my master’s in spiritual psychology and herbal medicine.
The most important lesson I learned throughout a decade of study and reflection:
Humans are powerful creators who manifest their reality
(regardless if they realize it or not).
We choose how we feel.
It is a choice to allow something to upset you or make you happy.
You are the only person in your life that is responsible for where you are right now.
You can blame others or situations, but playing the victim only gives your power away to someone or something else.
When we choose to take responsibility for our emotions, thoughts, and actions, our lives can radically change.