Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM): Views the human body as a small universe of interconnected systems, including physical elements as well as subtle energies.
TCM focuses on the balance between yin and yang, which are the forces that exist in humans and all things within the Universe. A healthy person is in harmony with these two forces. A dis-eased person is unbalanced between the two forces.
What is TCM founded on?
- Your body is an integrated whole.
- You are completely connected to nature.
- You were born with a natural self-healing ability.
- Prevention is the best cure.
What are the healing modalities of TCM?
- TCM is one of the oldest medical systems in recorded history.
- TCM has a recorded history of over 2,000 years.
- Today, nearly a quarter of the world’s population use TCM as a first resort.
In the United States, it is more common to visit a separate practitioner for the different healing modalities within TCM.
- Acupuncturists are becoming more prevalent, and the U.S. and some medical insurance providers now cover their services.
- Cupping is often offered at massage therapist offices, wellness centers, and alternative medical facilities.
- Qigong and Tai Chi are often offered at community centers, hospital networks, spiritual centers, and gyms.
- If there are no classes in your area, YouTube and media through your library are free resources!